Subnote: John Clayton shares his name with a cab driver in Doyle’s story “The Hound of the Baskervilles.” He also shares it with the name of a Scion of the Baker Street Irregulars called “The Hansoms of John Clayton,” based in Peioria, Ill.
Clayton goes on to remark: “Arthur Conan Doyle tapped into the cosmos and created an archetype. He paid a price for it. He could never escape the shadow of his own creation.
"The late Dame Jean Conan Doyle called Sherlock Holmes the ‘family curse.’ Like Frankenstein’s monster, Holmes haunted Doyle for the rest of his life, eclipsing everything else that he tried to accomplish."
- acupohkindness likes this
- lady-karasu likes this
- laughingacademy likes this
- llegolass likes this
- snazzamazza likes this
- ochrasy likes this
- ragnell likes this
- tobiornottobithatisthequestion likes this
- iagonolikecrackers likes this
- aslongasonecanthink reblogged this from holmesosis
- bibliomancer7 likes this
- holmesosis reblogged this from tookmyskull
- tookmyskull posted this